I am Andrew Lahser, Attorney at law. I enjoy meeting entrepreneurs and small business owners. I enjoy helping create and enforce patents and trademarks to support their business plans. I spend time getting to know my clients and their business plans. Thus, we can spot intellectual property issues before problems arise. Before taking legal action, I explain the expected costs, an overview of the process, and what enforcement of intellectual property rights might be like for a small business. I estimate the budget before starting work.
I limit my law practice to intellectual property law: patents, trademarks, copyrights and software law.
Prior to practicing law, I worked as a software engineer for over 12 years:
- designing labor-allocation systems for assembly lines at Ford;
- expanding the drug manufacturing systems at Merck‘s flagship plant;
- improving the radio-ratings software process for Arbitron;
- coordinating Korean and US engineering teams on a warehousing and logistics project for Nike;
- working technical pre-sales and writing governmental RFP for Compuware; and
- co-authoring a custom ticketing and online seat assignment system for the NHL’s Hartford Whalers (now the Carolina Hurricanes).
Many years later, much of the code I designed at Ford is still in production. I wrote source code professionally in more than thirty programming languages during my engineering career. Sadly, I do not write software anymore. More importantly, I find that my ability to read and understand computer source code helpful to properly advise software developers.
I graduated from the University of Michigan in 1991 receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in three years. Later, I graduated from the University of Toledo, College of Law in 2000 receiving a Juris Doctor degree.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Arizona Federal District Court
Patent Attorney Technologies
- Business Process
- Mechanical Device
- Consumer Products
Patent Attorney Services
- Patent Applications
- Patent Office Actions
- Patentability Opinions
- Prior Art and Patent Searching
- Right to Use Opinions
- Patent Invalidity Opinions
- Patent Non-Infringement Opinions
Trademark Attorney Services
- Trademark Application
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Office Actions
- TTAB Appeals
- Trademark Infringement
- Trade Dress
- Registerability Opinions
- Clearance Opinions
- TTAB Cancellation Proceedings
- TTAB Opposition Proceedings
- Domain Names
- Uniform Dispute Resolution Process (UDRP)
Copyright Attorney Services
- Copyright Registration
- Software Trade Secret Considerations
- Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Public Domain Opinions
Software Attorney Services
- Trade Secret Programs
- Copyright Registrations
- End User License Agreements (EULAs)
- Clickwrap Licenses
(480) 816-9383 Phone
(480) 837-5378 Fax
Looking for my email address?
I am married to my best friend (cliche and true) with two children: 10 and 5. To relax, I spend time with them. Also, I do tai chi, everyday.